Posted on April 26, 2021
In the heart of Baltimore, you will find one of the most vibrant, active, convenient and historic neighborhoods in the city. Home to the original Washington Monument, the Walters Art Museum, the Peabody Library, and some of the best bars, restaurants, clubs, and shops in the city, almost anyone will find something to love in Mt. Vernon.
History and Arts
One of the many things that truly sets Mount Vernon apart from other Baltimore neighborhoods is the abundance of history and museums you can find. Here's some favorites:
- Walters Art Museum
- The Washington Monument and Mount Vernon Place
- Maryland Historical Society
- George Peabody Library
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Baltimore Center Stage
- Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- Modell Lyric Performance Center
Where to Eat
- Mount Vernon Marketplace - Open concept food court with a wide variety of vendors
- Land of Kush - 100% vegan soul food
- Indigma - A modern take on upscale Indian
- Trinacria - Italian deli and restaurant with full bar
Drinks and Nightlife
- Brewers Art - Brewpub with great food and a variety of unique beers
- LB Skybar - Upscale restaurant and bar on the top floor of a high rise hotel - great views!
- Owl Bar - Hidden upscale speakeasy in the historic Belvedere building
- Poets Modern Cocktails - Cocktails and food in the Indigo Hotel
Mount Vernon is one of the many neighborhoods in Baltimore where Staffordshire Realty offers rental homes. Make sure to check our listing page to see what properties are currently available.